We are looking for the right person who will have the following skills and experience:
- Current clean HGV Class 2 Driver Licence
- Current CPC valid for 12 months
- At least 12 months Class 2 HGV experience
- Previous experience driving within the plant hire or construction industry would be an advantage
Could this be you? If so:
This is a great opportunity for you to progress your Driver Career within our small friendly family based company. You will be working as part of a team and be very much involved in planning and organising daily work schedules. You will have involvement at most levels with regard to transport, plant and yard activities and will be an important part of our plant and tool hire operations.
Our Offer: In return for your services, we’re offering the following package:
- £12.00 per hour
- 22 Days paid holiday
- Paid National Bank holidays
- 3% of your salary paid into a pension scheme each month
Hours of Work:
Working hours are from 0730am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch each day. (Start & finish times and lunch times may vary according to work schedules). In addition you would be required to work 2 Saturday mornings in every 4 on general yard duties. Saturday morning hours are 0800am -1200pm.
The position is based at our Iver Buckinghamshire location and the post is immediately responsible to the Branch Manager (& ultimately to the Managing Director) for Driving, General Duties and Yard Maintenance.
1) DELIVERIES/COLLECTIONS: – Delivering and collecting hire/sale equipment including tools and plant using company vehicles – 3.5 TONNE – 14 TONNE and trailers – to both cash and account customers, and ensuring the relevant paperwork is correctly completed.
2) EQUIPMENT DEMONSTRATIONS: – Demonstrating correct and safe operation of delivered equipment and plant to customers.
3) YARD& WORKSHOP MAINTENANCE: – Ensuring regular maintenance (when not driving) of all non-mechanical equipment according to yard & workshop maintenance schedules. Keeping the storage yards clean and properly organized.
4) VEHICLES: – Cleaning and inspection of vehicles and trailers according to requirements detailed in STANDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR DRIVERS.
Completion of daily and weekly vehicle and trailer inspection records. Reporting of faults and maintenance requirements as they occur to the Workshop Manager.
5) TRUCK EQUIPMENT: – All truck equipment to be kept in good working condition (see truck equipment contents list).
6) GENERAL: – Any other reasonable duties as required by management
In addition: the successful applicant will:
- Report to the Branch Manager any customer queries, incidents and traffic related matters as they occur.
- Comply fully with Thames Valley Hire Services Ltd Health & Safety policies.
- Comply with all requirements as detailed in the “Standing instructions for Drivers” manual.
- Ensure that all hire and sales paperwork/ fuel receipts etc. are correctly completed and handed in to the office at the end of each transport run.
- Wear the correct safety equipment (PPE) and TVHS uniform at all times.
- Willingly participate in any training that is required including (but not limited to) CPC training, manual handling, safe loading and unloading of vehicles and First Aid.
- You should be a good time keeper and be prepared to be flexible in your start and finish times in order to comply with operational requirements.
- You will be self- motivated, have a “can do” attitude, be conscientious and show initiative.
- You will have good communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- You will be physically able to perform manual tasks as required.
- You will have good customer facing skills and be able to communicate effectively with customers.
- You will have a good knowledge of the area and be able to effectively plan a route using maps and/or electronic aids where necessary.
- You will have a high regard for safe operating procedures in all aspects of your work including driving, loading and unloading, plant operation and general health and safety.
Interested in finding out more?
If you feel you have the necessary skills & aptitude required to successfully perform this role with Thames Valley Hire Services Ltd, and would like to know more about the position then please email or post your C.V to:
Neil Bailey – Managing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Thames Valley Hire Services Ltd,
Unit 8B Swains Yard,
Thorney Mill Road,
We look forward to hearing from you!