Egham: 01784 433 984
Routing is a high speed process of cutting, trimming and shaping wood, metal, plastic and a variety of other materials using a portable electric routing machine. Our hire routers take either 1/4″, 3/8″ or 1/2″ router cutters – the choice dependent on the requirements of the work.
Most better quality routers have variable speed controls with speed ranges from 8,000 to 30,000 rpm. Some have a soft-start facility enabling speed to be built up gradually. This feature is particularly desirable for routers with the capacity to take large cutters as operating a 3 HP router without soft-start can be difficult, due to the torque of the motor. For routers with a toggle type on / off switch – it is important to verify the switch is in the OFF position, prior to plugging in.
Router bits are available to match almost any imaginable profile. We stock the Trend range of router cutters – available to purchase from our branches. Please refer to the Trend website for more details of the complete routing range http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/ . Router cutters are issued on a sale or return basis with hired equipment. We offer two specifications of plunge routers for hire as follows:
Medium Duty Electric Router: 1/4″ / 3/8″ collet capacity
0-35mm (0 – 1-1/8″) plunge depth capacity with 3 adjustable depth stops for repetitive depth routing.
- Collet Capacity:1/4″ or 3/8 “
- Max plunge capacity: 35 mm
- Noise sound pressure: 89 dB(A)
- No Load Speed: 27000 rpm
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Cutting MDF 4 m/sec²
- 110V / 240V
- Net weight: 2.7 kg
Heavy Duty Electric Router: 1/2″ collet capacity
- Trigger control system –
- Afterlock microfine depth adjustment – easy & precise adjustments at any plunge setting
- 10,000-25,000 RPM variable speed 2.3 HP motor
- Smooth plunge action, spring-lock plunge lever, and depth rod for easy and precise plunge routing
- Always-on LED lighting – for enhanced visibility in bit area
- Precision centering design – makes it easy to keep bit on outline when using jigs, templets, dovetail fixtures and similar guidance devices.
- Two-stage quick clamp system – for fast tool-free conversion
- Soft-start – reduces start-up torque
- Variable speed dial – for matching speed to workpiece and task
- Constant Response™ circuitry — maintains constant speed under load, provides overload protection
- Cord swivel – for added mobility
- Contoured soft grip handles — provides enhanced control and comfort
- Amperage: 15A
- Base Diameter: 6-11/16″
- Base Opening: 3-5/16”
- Collet Capacity: 1/2″ and 1/4″
- Cord Length: 10 ft
- Height: 12″
- Max. Motor: HP 2.3
- No Load RPM: 10,000-25,000
- Plunge Depth: 3″ (75mm)
- Voltage: 240V / 110V
- Net Weight: 6 Kg
Unibase – Universal Sub base with Pins and Bush
The Unibase enables routers with non-standard guide bush fittings to accept the range of Trend guide bushes. The Unibase has been designed to fit directly to most routers.
A Line-up pin is used with a 16mm plastic bush to ensure concentricity of the cutter to the guide bush when fitting the sub-base, which has the capacity to suit collet sizes from 1/4 inch, 8mm, 12mm and 1/2 inch.
Instructions for fitting
The line-up pin is first fitted into the collet and then plunged through the router base. The line-up bush is fitted into the Unibase and secured. The Unibase is then placed over the line-up pin and rotated in order to line up the fixing holes. The Unibase screws are tightened and then the line-up bush can be replaced with any choice of Trend guide bushes. These range from 10mm up to 30mm (GB10 – GB32). For larger diameter cutters a 40mm guide bush (GB40) is available.
Hire Pricing: Plunge Routers
|Item||4 Hours||1 Day||2 Days||Weekly||Weekend|
|Medium duty router - 1/4" 3/8" collet capacity 110/240v||£14.46||£19.25||£28.00||£35.00||£23.10|
|Heavy duty router - 1/2" collet capacity 110/240v||£18.59||£24.75||£36.00||£45.00||£29.70|
Note: All prices are subject to change and are listed excluding VAT.