- How do I hire from Thames Valley Hire Services?
- Do I have to pay a deposit?
- What can I hire?
- Do you deliver to site?
- What about free of charge delivery?
- Why would I need to hire when I have all my own kit?
- Are your prices low? I get a big discount from my present supplier!
- How do I apply for a Credit Account?
- I’d like the benefits of a Credit Account, but I prefer to pay as I go along. Is that possible?
- I need good service on all the additional items as well. ie Power Tools, Consumables, Hand Tools, Repairs etc. What can you offer?
- OK So give me an incentive to give you a try, I’ve heard it all before!
1. How do I hire from Thames Valley Hire Services?
If you haven’t hired from us before, don’t worry we’ll make you extremely welcome, and you’ll be joining hundreds of businesses and DIYers who find the service and the range of tools we provide enables them to get the job done, quickly, efficiently and on time!
There are a few formalities to complete the first time you hire from us..
We’ll need a deposit and proof of identity.
The deposit is payable by credit or debit card, (exceptionally we will take a cash deposit by prior arrangement if this covers the value of the equipment being hired). With regard to proof of identity, two forms of identification are required – one example of each from the following list will be acceptable.
- Current FULL UK Driving license (Paper Document) OR Current UK/EU Photocard Driving License
- Current House or Motor Insurance Certificate
- Recent Utility Bill – Gas, Electricity, Water, Telephone (Not mobile phones)
- Debit/Credit Card statement from a main bank provider
- HMRC Tax notification documentation
- Letter from Council confirming Electoral Roll Listing
- Solicitor Letter confirming completion of house purchase
- Mortgage Statement
- Bank/ Building Society/ Statement
- Current Council Tax Bill
2. Do I have to pay a deposit?
If you don’t have credit facilities with us, we’ll ask you for a deposit. Usually a minimum of £50.00 for tools. The procedure is very simple in that we’ll preferably “swipe” your debit or credit card for the deposit and then refund the deposit back onto your card at the conclusion of the hire.
3. What can I hire?
Virtually everything for the building industry – from scaffold boards to mini-plant.
We currently have a large fleet of mini diggers and dumpers available for hire amongst many other items. Take a look at our online hire catalogue or alternatively you can contact us for more information.
4. Do you deliver to site?
5. What about free of charge delivery?
Due to the high operating costs involved in running a transport fleet, we do unfortunately have to make a small charge for delivery. Please contact us for details. You can see the scale of charges on our delivery areas page.
6. Why would I need to hire when I have all my own kit?
Occasionally your own equipment is going to need servicing or replacing and maybe we can help with repairs and/or short term hire? We have a very well equipped workshop with trained fitters and would be pleased to give you a free estimate. We undertake repairs on most branded makes of equipment from power tools to 5. 3.1/2 diesel mixers, and you will find we are very competitive on repairs and servicing.
7. Are your prices low? I get a big discount from my present supplier!
We all know price is important, and we carefully monitor our pricing to ensure that we maintain a competitive advantage. We are certainly not the cheapest, (although we will negotiate) and we do not operate at the lower end of the market. What we do offer is a particularly high quality service, backed up by experienced, helpful and very knowledgeable staff.
Our equipment is modern, well maintained and works. Reliability is excellent. So, don’t take our word for it. Try it!
8. How do I apply for a Credit Account?
Easily! If you are a limited company. Just print off the online credit application form, fill it in together with your bank details and return to us. We normally try to agree your application within 48 hours. At every month end we will email or post you a statement listing your transactions for that month.
9. I’d like the benefits of a Credit Account, but I prefer to pay as I go along. Is that possible?
Simple! We have a TRADE CARD system for exactly this reason. Again you can print off the application, complete, and return to us. As a Trade Card holder you will benefit from an initial 20% discount on hires (although we can increase this up to 55% – dependent on equipment hired and volume of business), preferential equipment delivery and many more benefits. We do like to see regular usage from our trade card holders, so if you have a project about to start and envisage needing equipment please apply!
10. I need good service on all the additional items as well. ie Power Tools, Consumables, Hand Tools, Repairs etc. What can you offer?
11. OK So give me an incentive to give you a try, I’ve heard it all before!
We know there is a lot of competition for everybody’s business. We also know that some companies will promise everything under the sun and more. We won’t. We will only promise what we can deliver – a good service at a fair price.
To prove our point we are prepared to make the following offer to prospective Trade Card or Credit Account customers who can demonstrate potential future hire business:
A FREE hire for one week on any one item (except plant hire) from our hire fleet (subject to availability).
To take us up on this offer, or for further information, prices or stock availability please telephone or email us at email@example.com . Alternatively pop in to your most convenient branch – view Our Branches.