- How do I hire from Thames Valley Hire Services?
- Do I have to pay a deposit?
- What can I hire?
- Do you deliver to site locally?
- Can you arrange equipment for me nationwide?
- What about free of charge delivery?
- Why would I need to hire when I have all my own kit?
- Are your prices low? I get a big discount from my present supplier!
- How do I apply for a Credit Account?
- I’d like the benefits of a Credit Account, but I prefer to pay as I go along. Is that possible?
- OK so give me an incentive to give you a try, I’ve heard it all before!
1. How do I hire from Thames Valley Hire Services?
If you haven’t hired from us before, don’t worry we’ll make you extremely welcome, and you’ll be joining hundreds of businesses, contractors and home owners who find the service and the range of plant and tools we provide, helps them to get the job done, quickly, efficiently and on time!
There are a few formalities to complete the first time you hire from us..
If you are an individual hiring under your own name for the first time:
We’ll need proof of who you are so two forms of identification are required – one example of each from the following list will be acceptable.
- Current FULL UK Driving license (Paper Document) OR Current UK/EU Photo card Driving License
- Current House or Motor Insurance Certificate – dated within last 3 months
- Utility Bill – Gas, Electricity, Water, Telephone – dated within last 3 months (Not mobile phone bill )
- Debit/Credit Card statement from a main bank provider- dated within last 3 months
- HMRC Tax notification documentation
- Letter from Council confirming Electoral Roll Listing
- Solicitor Letter confirming completion of house purchase
- Mortgage Statement
- Bank/ Building Society/ Statement – dated within last 3 months
- Current Council Tax Bill – dated within last 3 months
If you are a partnership, business or limited company hiring from us for the first time:
We’ll need proof of the address of the company so again two forms of identification are required – one example of each from the following list will be acceptable:
- A company letterhead
- A business card
- An official Purchase Order
- Debit/Credit card statement in the company name from a main bank dated within last 3 months
- HMRC Tax notification documentation
- Current Council Tax Bill – in the company name – dated within last 3 months
Please note: Except for hiring plant where we need to see the I.D in the branch in the first instance, all I.D can be emailed to us email@example.com
2. Do I have to pay a deposit?
If you don’t have credit facilities with us, we’ll ask you for a deposit.The deposit is payable by credit or debit card
Usually a minimum of £50.00 for tools. The procedure is very simple in that we’ll preferably “swipe” your debit or credit card for the deposit and then refund the deposit back onto your card at the conclusion of the hire.
3. What can I hire?
Virtually everything for the building industry – from scaffold boards to mini-plant.
We currently have a large fleet of mini diggers and dumpers available for hire amongst many other items. Take a look at our online hire catalogue or alternatively you can contact us for more information.
4. Do you deliver to site locally ?
5. Can you arrange equipment for me nationwide?
We have many customers who work nationwide. We support all our customers working outside our normal delivery area via our “One Call” service. Please contact us with your tool, plant or skip hire requirements and your required delivery address and we’ll do the rest!
6. What about free of charge delivery?
Due to the high operating costs involved in running a transport fleet, we do unfortunately have to make a small charge for delivery. Please contact us for details. You can see the scale of charges on our delivery areas page.
7. Why would I need to hire when I have all my own kit?
Occasionally your own equipment is going to need servicing or replacing and maybe we can help with short term hire? Whatever your requirements – hire quotations are free and we ‘d like to be of assistance
8. Are your prices low? I get a big discount from my present supplier!
We all know price is important, and we carefully monitor our pricing to ensure that we maintain a competitive advantage. We are certainly not the cheapest, (although we will negotiate) and we do not operate at the lower end of the market. What we do offer is value for money, with a particularly high quality service, backed up by experienced, helpful and very knowledgeable staff.
Our equipment is modern, well maintained and works. Reliability is excellent. So, don’t take our word for it. Try it!
9. How do I apply for a Credit Account?
Easy! If you are a limited company. Just print off the online credit application form, fill it in together with your bank details and return to us. We normally try to agree your application within 48 hours. At every month end we will email or post you a statement listing your transactions for that month.
10. I’d like the benefits of a Credit Account, but I prefer to pay as I go along. Is that possible?
Simple! We have a TRADE ACCOUNT system for exactly this reason. Again you can print off the application, complete, and return to us. As a Trade Account holder you will benefit from an initial 20% discount on hires (although we can increase this up to 55% – dependent on equipment hired and volume of business), preferential equipment delivery and many more benefits. We do like to see regular usage from our trade account holders, so if you have a project about to start and envisage needing equipment please apply!
11. OK So give me an incentive to give you a try, I’ve heard it all before!
We know there is a lot of competition for everybody’s business. We also know that some companies will promise everything under the sun and more. We won’t. We will only promise what we can deliver – a good service at a fair price.
To prove our point we are prepared to make the following offer to prospective Trade or Credit Account customers who can demonstrate potential regular future hire business:
A FREE hire for one week on any one item (except plant hire) from our hire fleet (subject to availability).
To take us up on this offer, or for further information, prices or stock availability please telephone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively pop in to our Iver branch branch – view Our Branches.